I'm a multi-hyphenate:
Originally from South Texas, I moved to Austin, Texas to study Journalism. Post-grad, I pursued a career in content production, startup management and experiential marketing, which led to the launch of group work in 2016. In the last two years, I've led 40+ campaigns and produced 100+ events and creative projects for culture- and community-oriented companies and brands.
five things about me from the last five years:
1. In 2013 and 2014, I was in the Top 1% of contributors on BuzzFeed for a series of satirical listicles on pop culture. Over the years, those few posts have gathered 5M+ hits.
2. I founded #bossbabesATX, a nonprofit that amplifies and connects women-identifying creatives and entrepreneurs, in 2015 after working in multiple start-up environments. This has been one of the most rewarding projects I have ever tackled.
3. I launched group work in 2016, with a vision of telling useful and impactful stories.
4. In 2017, I was inducted into the City of Austin's Women's Hall of Fame for my commitment to community-building.
5. I've kept a column at Forbes about creative entrepreneurship and lifestyle design for the last year or so. Read up!
awards and accolades:
SXSW 2017 Interactive Speaker
City of Austin's Women's Hall of Famer 2017
Nominated Change-maker for the 2016 United State of Women Summit by the White House
Best of Facebook Events Marketing 2016
Recipient for the University of Texas at Austin's Good Neighbor Award 2014